Saturday, March 10, 2018

Release 0.3: Status Report

It's almost impossible to control how much work load you have.
These 2 weeks were super busy in my semester: midterms, assignments, labs, deadlines...

At some point working on my bug for Release 0.3 I realized that I don't have enough time to finish it for this Release. So it's work in progress; I was able to create a visible command on command pallet and now I need to work on functionality:


That will be done for Release 0.4. Meanwhile I was trying to fix this bug, I was working on localization for VS Code, here is what I accomplished:


In Transifex, your translation should be voted and reviewed by 2 people to be accepted, so that's not all the words I have localized, but only those that will appear on actual VS code Ukrainian and Russian instances.

I was also contacted by Andy Alt, who is working on a new project, to translate his project to Russian!

It felt nice to be remembered, I have already helped him with Russian and Ukrainian translations for rmw project in the last semester, so I was familiar with the process and agreed with no hesitations. So about 5-6 hours later I have submitted a PR to hldig project.

According to the README.md, "hl://Dig is a fork of ht://Dig, a world-wide-web search system for an intranet or small internet."

At first I thought that I won't do much for this release. But at the end of the day I translated about 300 lines worth of messages for Andy, 456 strings were approved and now are seen by Russian and Ukrainian VS Code users and I was able to create a "dummy" blah command in VS Code command pallet.






1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your progress, and thank you for the translation, Svitlana. :)

    ReplyDelete

It's only a beginning

What have I learned for the past 8 months of Open Source Programming? I was convinced from the very beginning that this course would be i...